Saturday, February 21, 2009

Do 3-Day Layovers Even Exist?

Oh, the joys of having cousins living in cool places...  

I started off my great Australian adventure with a mini LA adventure.  I left from Des Moines on Wednesday, February 11th, and my cousin Natalie picked me up from LAX that evening.  I spent the next day walking around and exploring Santa Monica and enjoying the nice weather.  (Apparently, I was enjoying it a bit too much because my t-shirt looked ridiculous compared to the sweaters everyone else was wearing!)  

I spent Thursday night in Tarzana with my cousin Susan.  Susan was wrapping up the costuming on the movie she's been working on, so I went to work with her at Universal Studios on Friday.  After a tour of the back lots where all the outdoor movie sets are, we went for Japanese.  (I realized my chopstick skills are way below par.)  After lunch, the costume designer from the movie hooked me up with some really cool swimsuits, sundresses, and flip flops from the actresses' wardrobes!  (I'm glad I didn't decide on Russia as my study abroad destination... they didn't have any parkas on-set.)  I went to dinner with some of Susan's friends, then I met up with Natalie and her friends at a bar in downtown LA.  On Saturday, I packed all my things, and Natalie took me to the airport for my 11:50 pm flight to Brisbane, Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment